EFA Young Audience Award 2016
nomination procedure and election of the winner
1. The award goes to a European* film which must have had its first official screening (be it at a festival or at regular cinemas) after 1 March 2015.
2. The criteria whereby a film qualifies as European are based upon the European Convention on Cinematographic Co-production, Appendix II, as detailed in paragraph 2.4 of the Regulations for the European Film Awards.
3. The films shall be addressed to an audience between 12 and 14 years. Eligible genres are full-length feature, animation and documentary films.
Deadline for the submission of proposals is 31 January 2016.
4. A committee composed of directors of young audience film festivals establishes a list of candidates and nominates three films.
5. The nominations will be announced after conclusion of the selection procedure in the beginning of March.
6. The three nominated films will be presented in closed screenings on the occasion of the Young Audience Film Day on Sunday, 8 May 2016, in
FYR MACEDONIA: Skopje
THE NETHERLANDS: Amsterdam
POLAND:Torun & Wrocław
GERMANY: Berlin & Erfurt
ISRAEL: Tel Aviv
SPAIN: Avilés & Barcelona
Further cities may join the initiative.
7. At the end of the screenings, the members of the young audience having attended the events vote for the winner of the award.
8. The winner will be announced on the same day during a ceremony in Erfurt/Germany and will immediately be published on the EFA website.
9. The directors of the three nominated films will be invited by the partners in Erfurt to attend the ceremony, which will be streamed live on europeanfilmawards.eu
* European in the sense of the European Film Academy, means geographical Europe, both EU and non-EU, and shall include Israeli and Palestinian